CHEST CRAWL OPEN WATER | six week basic course | Start Sat 4 Jun 10:00 am – Spaarnwoude
Course period 4 Jun – 9 Jul 10:00 – 11:00
This front crawl course is suitable for anyone who can swim and/or float with their face in the water and who would like to learn to swim a calm, flowing and sustained front crawl. You may be:
– a swimmer with no experience with the front crawl
– a front crawler who wants to learn to swim more efficiently.
– a triathlete eager to learn how to swim in the leg action with less effort.
You may also be a swimmer who wants to change his current swimming style due to back or joint problems. This course is suitable for all levels.
The course will guide you through all the exercises for the front crawl, starting with the Shaw Method glide, followed by the leg action, rotation, arm movement and finally breathing.
During the course you will discover how to:
- experience the natural buoyancy of your body
- drastically reduce the amount of effort you exert during your swim
- can use the rotation of your body to increase your streamlining
- recognize the importance of preparing for a movement
We recommend getting in the water at least once a week to practice. In the first lesson, the teacher will give you tips to plan your practice sessions.
During this course you will also learn specific open water swimming techniques such as swimming a straight course, swimming with wetsuits and/or buoys and dealing with waves. During the course you can borrow wetsuits from Swim in Balance if you find it too cold. There is a toilet block, showers and changing rooms. This course is ideally suited for people who prefer to swim in natural water than in a pool, or who want to get used to swimming in open water.
Lesson 1: Sat 4 Jun 10:00-11:00
Lesson 2: Sat 11 Jun 10:00-11:00
Lesson 3: Sat 18 Jun 10:00-11:00
Lesson 4: Sat 25 Jun 10:00-11:00
Lesson 5: Sat 2 Jul 10:00-11:00
Lesson 6: Sat 9 Jul 10:00-11:00